GIS Tips & Tricks

A weblog dedictated to the lifelong pursuit of cartographic bliss in GIS.

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

ArcGIS Shortcut Keys

I always knew about shortcut keys in ArcGIS but as I have been transitioning myself away from command line I had almost started to forget that my keyboard even existed anymore. At a recent training session I was reminded that there are some very useful shortcut keys in the ArcGIS environment. To access a list of shortcut keys in ArcGIS go to ArcGIS Desktop Help and search for 'shortcut keys'. Among others there are shortcut keys for: editing in ArcMAP, common tasks in ArcGIS help, common functions in ArcMAP and you can even customize and create your own shortcuts.

Here's a quick teaser for some of the very common shortcuts in ArcMAP:



The ESRI Online Help is a great reference for keyboard shortcuts as well.

4 Comments:

  • At 12:51 AM, Blogger Support said…

    Hi

    This article is good and informative.

    yours truly,
    bookoftips.blogspot.com

     
  • At 10:22 PM, Blogger AT said…

    Hi, Im Thai GIS, your blog is good for me.
    I would like to ask for a permit that can I translate your information to thai language?

    I think it may useful for many people. If you OK., plse. let me Know.

    your truly,

     
  • At 4:32 AM, Anonymous Geomatics provider said…

    Thanks for giving me the shortcut keys. Thanks for sharing.
    regards
    map conversionWeb GIS

     
  • At 8:56 PM, Blogger Local Biz United, LLC said…

    this information will be useful to to the surveyors- members at Land Surveyors United
    http://landsurveyorsunited.ning.com

    you should join that site and import this blog feed to your profile..you'll be famously helpful

     

Post a Comment

<< Home